Saturday, May 24, 2014

Our 17th Wedding Anniversary - Daddy Was Right!

The Wedding Day - May 17, 1997

Love and Soul - Monthly Event

The Simmons and The Tuckers

Daddy Was Right!

Last Sat, May 17th, my husband and I celebrated our 17th Anniversary doing "something special" each day of the entire weekend. It started on Friday night attending a fun-filled, inspirational Love and Soul event hosted by Kimberly Gunn.  Once a month a great line-up of musicians, comedians and artists come together to share their gifts and talents. This is our third time attending and we are never disappointed.

On Saturday, we had a wonderful, somewhat restful day, beginning with a little exercise, then a "light" breakfast at the Original House of Pancakes.  The blueberry pancakes and turkey sausage were wonderful.

On Sunday, we were blessed to celebrate the goodness of God at Overcoming by Faith in SAV, GA.  After service we had a wonderful dinner with a truly anointed and inspirational couple, Bro. and Sis. Simmons. 

It's hard to believe a week has gone by, so quickly.  As I reflect on our Anniversary, I recall how my Dad was one of the key people who admired my husband, when we were "just friends."  He recognized there was something "special about him," when it "came to me," even before I did.  I was 35 yrs young when I got married, so I wasn't a young chick.  When my Dad gently mentioned Otto as possibly being "more than a friend," the Daddy's Girl that I am said, "You just want to get rid of me hugh?"  

Since that time, I have come to appreciate how "wise counsel" from "select people" can help me see more clearly the "better" choices for my life.  It was amazing how his input along with other "confirmations," helped me to make the second most important decision of my life. I married a true friend and partner in ministry and life. It's rare that you find someone to support you through the good, bad and sometimes "ugly" seasons in your life.  With all of my "special needs," he has been the most patient man of God that I could have hoped for. The Bible says, that a man should love His wife as Christ loved the church.  I believe my husband of 17 yrs is doing his best to uphold that standard and I'm so thankful I listened to my Dad on this one.  Daddy was right!

1 comment:

  1. Thank You Babe, for 17 wonderful years of marraige. I love You!

    ReplyDelete