Friday, April 18, 2014

What's So Good About Good Friday?




For those of you who believe as I do, this is a very special time of year, we celebrate Love coming down in the flesh.  I am honored to say, because He lives, I can face tomorrow.  If it was not for the precious promises planted in my heart, I would not have the sense of Hope and Purpose that I have today.

I recall formatting a template for a tract many years ago, What's So Good About Good Friday?  Well, the Good News is that He came and was touched with our infirmities.  He died that we might live.  He knows what we go through and tempted in all points, but without sin.  He walked upon this earth, in order to be that sacrificial lamb for us.  He is our example and source of Hope, Peace, Healing and Strength.

We are so thankful throughout the year, but especially in this Easter season, we recognize what a sacrifice He made, so that we can have life and that life more abundantly.  Regardless of this ever-changing world, God has given us His son, He sacrificed His life for Us and His Love Remains The Same!

As we choose to watch the "Passion of the Christ" on an annual basis and pause to consider what sacrifice He made, I am inspired to reevaluate the life that I live in honor of Him. I hope this post will inspire you to do the same.  Selah

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing this. Your graphic at the top (and side) is lovely.
    You have also made a sacrifice. And I am truly grateful that you are in my life and in my heart. Minister Mary (Midwife) Edwards

    ReplyDelete